Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to now...

The brook hurries downhill
Through fragrant Eucalyptus groves
I refuse to match its pace
Instead admiring swaying shadows
Four-winged gliders flutter
Then dash
Staking their claim
Followed by feathered hunters
Seeking sustenance
Chirps emanate from unseen mouths
In all directions
Still...
The brook hurries downhill

An ancient path
I walk
An unknown destination
I seek
To be submersed in the moment
I desire
Battling ruminations of then
I struggle
To harness my mind
I will
Enjoy my time
I am
On the precipice of transition

The temptation of speculation
Engulfs me
Daydreaming of tomorrow
Forgetting today
But the hummingbirds invite me
To open my eyes
Uncover my ears
Pay attention
For now
I must follow the brook

If you´re not enjoying now
What makes you think you´ll enjoy ¨then¨

No comments:

Post a Comment