Monday, March 29, 2010

Thin Air

Wired webs wind wildly outside my window
The roof´s red tiles are no longer orderly
Consumed by lichen and weathered by 3500 meter tropical sunshine
They crack and dangle precariously over the sidewalk below
Wires connect buildings
Labrynths of half used infrastructure
Walls in vibrant hues reveal their layers - lime forest turquoise burnt peaches
Peppered with graffiti
Post-it notes of angst
Futilely covered in another shade of paint
Enhancing the inadvertent and beautiful mosaic
Now the setting sun saturates the coral buildings of the hillside
Rugged rock carved into livelihoods
The locals saunter along the skinny sidewalks
A bird exotic to me busily tends its nest in the crumbling roof tiles
I wonder where to get my next cup of coca
I´m in no hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment